Free Twitter Followers

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Going from Your Boring Job to Empowerment

Author: Cecil D

In the summer of 2009 I discovered myself between jobs and so made the decision to check out other options. Undoubtedly there can be other possibilities working full-time creating prosperity for somebody else? So I loaded water, cookies and Mac the Canine into my purple Yaris (aka the little purple shoe) and drove around New Jersey searching for inspiration about self-employment. I looked at several unusual options - a tea house, yard centre, lavender farm, small lodge, pub... It was enjoyable and exciting but delivered me no closer to my objective of being accountable for when I worked, how I labored, and exactly how much revenue I could create. Just how could it? I didn't define my possible goals and objectives, and checked out only those organizations that I liked, and all those that I assumed I could manage to pay for. A couple of months later on, I started to consider franchises around the basis that the company could be established, had a proven system and would supply assistance. But I nonetheless by no means arrived at defining those goals and targets. Now - 1 yr after - I've identified my ideally suited business as a work from home business mentor and I wish to share some tips with those daring souls embarking on the exact same course. Think about these prior to headding out on the road, literally or figuratively:

1. Are you currently looking at a business dependant on what you think you would prefer to do? e.g. if you love to bake pies, do you want to own a bakery? Remember that having fun in a pastime is not the equivalent as making it your livelihood. And it may not be lucrative, surely the issue of working for most of us?

2. Are you discounting establishments because you don't much like the product or service or do not comprehend it e.g. I understand nothing about automobiles so I wouldn't look at owning a Jiffy Lube?

3. What exactly do you want out of your enterprise? Change your current livelihood or maintain the normal work and supplement earnings? Estate planning? Retirement preparing?

4. How much do you want to work? Would you like a Work/lifestyle balance, or are you prepared to work 24/7 to realize your goals? Are you wanting staff or do you want to manage the business on your own?

5. Do you possess the expertise required to run a business eg. advertising, monetary management, consumer service, product development? Can you go it by yourself? Or will you connect to expert help?

6. If starting a brand new business, do you have any system, budget, and advertising plan in place? If an already present business, can you get access to third party professional advice on value and viability? It is critical to know that agents who promote a business act for the seller, not the purchaser. Who will work on your behalf?

It's really fun to look at a variety of businesses, but if you are really serious about becoming the Person in charge, and/or have got a schedule under consideration, make sure that you are concentrating on the journey and utilize professionals that can aid you and who have your requirements in mind.

JobJobsEmployment

Read more at http://www.articlealley.com/article_1757350_36.html?kcplink=1

No comments:

Post a Comment